Sunday, January 29, 2012

We need the people around us

I haven't broadcasted it around much lately but these last few weeks have been hitting me hard when it comes to kids. We want them so bad but it's just not time yet. In the meantime, I still struggle daily with those pangs of desire or just an overwhelming flood of emotion.

In these times, God has brought me closer and closer to a girl who has been my friend for a very long time. Betsy and her husband have been friends with me and Adam for years and years (she actually has a blog I follow. It's listed in my list of blogs to the right>>>). Adam and Travis were chums long before Betsy and I had come along. Betsy and her husband also struggle with infertility. She and I have grown closer over these last few years as we learn to lean on each other in this area. It is such a blessing for God to provide someone in your life who is in the very same boat to go through the journey with.

Anyway, those emotions hit sometime this past week and I knew I could write them all out to B and she would get it. She would understand my pain and contradicting emotions and more than that, she would pray me through them. So I emailed her. She didn't send an immediate response but took the time to hand write me a heartfelt letter and make a wonderful hand-embroidered, handmade pillow.



It was all so sweet and so appreciated!

Betsy,
    Thank you for your words and your love. I want to want Jesus more than I want to want kids, too. (ha tongue twister there) Thank you for that bit of truth. I'm so thankful for you and I hope to show you that through our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment