Monday, March 12, 2012

Beach bomb

We had such a great week away on vacation with Adam's family. The house was great, the weather was GREAT, the beach was perfect (we had it all to ourselves all week!), seeing where Adam was a kid was wonderful, and we all had fun together.

A break down of our week:

Sunday-Adam and I arrived in Texas around midnight

Monday- Hung out around the house and layed on the beach (!) The kids and I did some water color painting.


Tuesday- Hung out some more and layed out on the beach some more. Everyone got sun burnt. We met up with Adam's extended family that night. Unfortunately, only a little while after being there, Monique's mom was brought the ER. She was having extreme difficulty breathing and was eventually diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs! While she and Grandpa were away, we cousins went out and got some dinner since none had eaten


Wednesday- another hang out/lay out day. The guys (and Ally) rented some surf boards and attempted to surf.


Thursday-Tried to avoid laying out that day (due to sun burns all around) so Adam, I, Anson, Rach, and the kids went to Galveston. We had fun walking around, getting lunch, and taking a ferry ride. That night, Adam's uncle Doug and aunt Tammy came over for dinner (Meg, you have awesome! in-laws. They are so sweet and fun to be with).


Friday-Time to head North. Monique stayed in Texas with her mom. Adam and I flew to St. Louis. Everyone else started to drive home. Once Adam and I checked into our hotel we just vegged and enjoyed our in room hot tub :)

Saturday-Adam and I spent the day at Forest Park enjoying the art museum and zoo. We went to PF Changs that night too. Yum.

Sunday- We drove the rest of the way home and did stuff with the youth group





How about I do a St. Louis post tomorrow? Yes. Yes I think I will do that :)

I love reliving all this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment