Saturday, July 28, 2018

Movin' On Up to the...... West Side?

This past Thursday it was official: we closed on our new house!!!!




Adam and I wasted no time in using his weekly day off, the very next day, to jump on moving a bunch of stuff into a few cleared out rooms of the new place. 

A couple of our best friends kept the kids for the morning which really freed us up to get a lot done. 
By the end of the day we brought over eight van loads of our things!
The main focus was to clear out our garage so our old house's new owners could start putting their own things in the garage. 
After we finally got the garage cleared including tools, bikes, and everything from our house that I had packed up over the last month we attacked the backyard and attic. 


Oh my WORD!
It's amazing how much stuff we had on the outside of our house.

So much room for activites!
Also every dang one of those cabinets is completely empty. 
Whoa. 

Adam and I worked so hard but man, it was so fun.
It's just fun being with him.  
We goofed off, bounced ideas back and forth while we loaded and unloaded, and enjoyed being excited for the future of our family and personal ministry life. 
Plus it was cathartic to put into action something all three couples have been discussing constantly for about four months now. 
I slept really good that night.
My brain could stop making plans and just chill knowing stuff was FINALLY happening. 
Such a relief. 

We headed home that night with the kids and ate homemade burgers and chips. 
We all chilled with a movie and felt good.  

Adam will be out of town for a few days this upcoming week.

My plan while he is away is to pack a suit case for the kids and I for the week so I know we each have what we need, make a trip to Ikea, spend an afternoon taking all of our personal and daily things over, spend the next day cleaning our old house really good top to bottom, and then we'll have our final move day on Friday when Adam is home. 
  
This time next week we'll be all moved in. 

It's all so unreal. 
I can't believe it actually all rolled out the crazy, awesome way it did. 
It's going to be completely nutso to be sitting in a different living room next week and it actually be MY living room....when it used to be one of my best friend's. 
And I'm going to sit there and miss her like crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment