Wednesday, July 25, 2018

The Middle of the End

Today officially marks the middle of the end for our house selling and buying process.



This afternoon we'll go and close on our current house with the buyers, aka church family/friends.
In response I am totally letting myself have sad puppy dog eyes for this little old lady of a house that we took care of and took care of us.
It may sound silly to have a relationship with an object but we all do it and we've I've definitely done it with this sweet, quirky house.



Sure I was never the one to have to shimmy down into the creepy crawlspace to fix a broken thing or deal with the furnace going out or the gutters falling off or unclogging the old pipes (thanks Adam! You're THE man!).



But I've painted every square inch, made the most of every precious square inch, cleaned every square inch, and lived nearly every hour of every day in these 1200 square feet with our three tiny kids.
I'm attached, ok!?



I am sosososososoooooo excited for the very near future in our new house but I'm just spending today being very thankful for this little home God made for us.
It was just what we needed while we needed it and I hope we honored Him with it.



It's been a blessing to me to pray a prayer of blessing and hope over its new owners as I empty each closet and corner.
I hope they feel God's presence daily in it.
I hope the feel His constant comfort and care for them while they do the work He gives them.
I hope it becomes a place of refuge and peace for them like it was for us.
I hope they enjoy making it their own and fitting it to the needs of their own family.
I hope they have us over to oooooh and ahhhh at their improvements.


Today I'm sad to say goodbye but tomorrow I'll be thrilled to say hello. 


No comments:

Post a Comment