Thursday, April 19, 2012

Black Board Bandwagon

 Yup. I've jumped onto the blackboard bandwagon. Usually I really don't like all the blackboard stuff. It can just look really messy and out of control. But for some reason I saw one project and I liked it.......hmmm? Soooooo I researched further and found out how to make my own blackboard paint in my choice of color. I mixed 2 tbsp. of powdered grout into a cup of paint. I decided to go light gray.


I remembered at this point that I should take pics for the blog. ; )

I painted the sides of my board a light vivid blue that I had previously mixed

Watching paint dry. Eventually I crawled on over to that sunny spot 
and layed there for awhile.
 
Tick tock.....still waiting

Windows open. Love it. 

Ok. Finally it dried and I just doodled and wrote on my finished chalk board.
I used a box of soft pastels I already had. 
They're very vibrant and varied in color. 
Perfect to use as chalk. 


And it's done!
I spent $15 on the board and used other materials I
already had at home 


My brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment