Friday, April 20, 2012

Home Organizer Binder

Lately I've been wanting to improve my homemaking skills and habits. Generally I just do whatever needs to be done whenever I feel like it. But I really want to be more intentional with my home. God has given this space and these resources to me. I want to manage it better than ok. So along with improving my habits and mindset, I think one tool that would help me is a home organization binder.

I started researching them and I cannot tell you how many FREE printables and templates I found. And there are some women out there who have this tool down pat. So I looked to them to help me put mine together. The most helpful website was abowlfulloflemons.blogspot.com. Here is a link to the page I used. Very helpful. And she made the task fun.

So I put Pandora on Carla Bruni and got down to work on my Plan It binder

Supplies: White and colors!

I made a front page to slide into the front slip of my binder.
Made of: Scrap book paper, burlap scrap, and sticker letters

Ew blurry pic. And also I forgot the binder was wider than
a standard sheet of printer paper and cut my paper too small.
What ev's



Here's one printable I love.
I don't have much necessity to plan any meals other than dinner.
Even then, I only need to make dinner 4 nights/week at most.
So this template let's me plan a number of meals and list the ingredients needed for each.
I'm not committed to preparing any one meal any certain night.


This template is a weekly calendar.
This will help me be more detailed without getting overwhelmed at
seeing a whole month's worth of plans at one time. 
I have a full size calendar posted in our kitchen and also a blackboard 
to write weekly events on. 

 All my tabs include:
Calendar
Schedules
Cleaning
Food
To Do
Inspiration (folder)
extra templates

I know my binder is not perfect yet, but as I use it, it will fit my (our) needs better and better.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; 

   she can laugh at the days to come. 

26 She speaks with wisdom, 
   and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 
27 She watches over the affairs of her household 
   and does not eat the bread of idleness. 


Proverbs 31:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment