Monday, January 28, 2013

Unity



Do you ever catch yourself saying something about someone else and you wonder why you said that?

I can remember times I've said ugly, hurtful things and it makes my stomach churn.
What you say truly brings life or death, both to others and yourself.

Lord, please take my heart first and my tongue second.
Make them give only joyful noises of life.
Let me bless others not only in public but also in private.
Push me be someone who encourages unity and not division.
Teach me how to bring pleasure to you.


1 Corinthians 1:10
10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
Philippians 2:1-3 
1 If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment