Tuesday, April 3, 2012

So far, untitled



Teach us delight in the simple things,
And mirth that has no bitter springs;
Forgiveness free of evil done,
And love to all men beneath the sun.

Rudyard Kipling





I posted this piece of this poem a while ago. It inspired my next printmaking project. 

Here is a colored pencil drawing of my piece. 
It's 8 in x 18 in

I drew it on the matrix today. Right now I'm working on that scalloped pattern.
Everything that is not black will be scraped away. 
yup. All of it.


The ink will be rolled onto the black places, which will be left raised.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kensie, that looks flippen awesome! Not just the art, but the way it's being created. I love when you share your work here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Meg! It is a really cool process. I'll be sure to post pics when it's all done :)

    ReplyDelete