Monday, January 23, 2012

the body

So guess what! Today is all about clothes! I love clothing! Ahhhhh!!!!

Ok actually I'm not excited to that level (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) of excitement about clothing. All the exclamation points are to hide my own fatigue. gah........ But what do ya know? I do like clothes. So this will be a fun post to do.

So everyone knows about dressing for their body type, dressing in colors that look good on them, and whatever style suits them.

I pretty much go with that. When I clothe myself, my focus is centered around modesty, simplicity, and of course, style ;)

Modesty is paramount though. Every outfit I where, I choose to be modest. That means: I don't wear anything too short, too low, too tight, and even too flashy. My intention is for my heart to first be modest, then the rest follows naturally.

You may think that that's not that much of a challenge. But it actually is. It's common enough for me to find a dress that makes me look fantastic in all the wrong ways and I actually want it. In that moment, God has to step in and remind me who my body belongs to and what dressing like that would do to the people around me.

I belong to God first, then my husband. And the people around me? Though it's not my job to make sure they don't sin, it is my desire to do all I can to help them not. Though I want to dress attractively, I don't want to draw attention to myself unnecessarily (this desire can also be a struggle, believe it or not. I'm saved. Not perfect).

Romans 14:13, "Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way." 

Also I never buy anything full price. Gap clearance racks, Plato's, and Goodwill are a few of my best friends when it comes to buying clothes.

Here are some pictures that inspire the way I tend to dress

Love the minimalism of all of this for real life, not just packing for a week.
I'm working to this wardrobe.
Too bad shopping is so much fun :)

Tailored, clean, and a bit tomboyish


Isn't she just charming? 
I love her outfit.
Carefree and playful


Some more pretty tomboy

Raw

Good for anything




So that's it for my outward beauty schpeal. If you read it, I hope you enjoyed it. I hope you feel you're own beauty and the joy you have to offer your world.

If you've been reading through this and taken an interest in my love for Christ and the relationship we have, you can have it too. It's free. He loved you before you were born and sacrificed Himself so you could spend eternity with Him. All you have to do is see your soul for the mess it is and accept the newness He offers. I love you and He loves you more. You're the most beautiful thing He's ever seen.

  1 Peter 3:3-4 
“Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.” (NLT)

1 comment:

  1. Kensie, I want to write you a long post but the kids are preventing me from doing so! But before I run out of time I just wanted to say that this (and all!) of your posts are so beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your heart with us!

    ReplyDelete