Saturday, January 21, 2012

the face

I already shared some at home facials I like to do every once in a while. But that's only a portion of caring well for your skin. Another piece is moisturizing. I am always putting a moisturizer on. After a shower, in the morning, before bed, and then sometimes even during the day.

In my experience, if my skin is dry or uncared for, my whole face tends to look blemished and tired. I wash my face with a cold pressed soap bar of oatmeal and honey. It's really gentle and doesn't have any chemicals. All natural, baby. For face lotion, I don't use anything fancy. Just an all over lotion made for sensitive skin. I do have a lighter lotion for the summer season and a richer one for winter.

So, that's step 1: Moisturize!

Step 2: enhance.

I say enhance because that's how I think of makeup. I've learned to like my face (nose on the large/crooked side and all) so on an average day I use a minimum amount of makeup: mascara, lip balm, and brown shadow to fill in my eyebrows. That's it. I have a shadow palette w/ mostly natural, shimmery hues so I'll brush some of that on my lids and use a blush brush to dust some of the lighter color on my cheekbones, nose, and chin for a "fancier" occasion.


A spritz of my lemony perfume and my face is done. For me it needs to be simple. It needs to be fresh. So that's what work's for me.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Prov. 31: 10

 What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment