Monday, September 17, 2018

Home Improvement Part II

Wow for a short bit there I was rocking posting here more often.
But then life, you know?

Well we got through our move across town.
We are LOVING our new home and it really does feel like home.
I honestly still can't believe it all rolled out how it did.
The timing and the way so many friends were involved just makes it a sweet, sweet story to have.

Adam and I seem to enjoy having house projects.
Being able to mutually enjoy making a home has served us well.
We wasted no time in painting the whole ground level floor a chill light gray.
Actually it pretty much looks white.
It looks great with all the wood trim and of course brightens everything up.



Thankfully this house hasn't needed any big projects.
Just little things to make it fit our needs and likes like hanging shelves, changing out light fixtures, removing a cabinet in the kitchen to open up sight lines, and hanging pegboard for a big coffee mug wall.





It's a good thing we didn't waste any time because when our foster care case worker came by to check the place out, she asked if we'd be interested in taking in a one year old boy we've done respite for in the past.

Adam and I felt led to say yes.
Within two weeks, we had a new son!!
Baby B came to us last Monday.
Like I said we were familiar with him from before so the transition has been so wonderfully smooth.
He is a sweet, giggly boy and we are all happy to have him.
We would love to adopt him one day if everything went that direction.
I just keep telling people we are cautiously hopeful that adoption will happen someday.

The biggest hurdle for me was remembering the limits of a one year old.
Our son Malachi is the size of a one year old but is strong and much more coordinated!
This new little boy is still definitely a baby who I have to readjust my expectations for.

Though we are still in family building mode, I really do feel open to whatever happens with baby B.
God knows and that really is all I need to trust His plan.
Already it would be painful for Baby B to move on from us if adoption doesn't work out.
I trust God to make me content though with whatever He gives all of us.
I'm taking joy in serving and loving this little one while he's here for as long as possible.








No comments:

Post a Comment