Wednesday, August 29, 2012

eine weitere woche zu gehen

Or in other words (words other than German), one more week to go. A week from this moment we will probably be somewhere over the Atlantic on our way to Berlin.

Eeeeeeeek!

I can't wait. We have sponsors, we have our passports, we have our tickets, I have my packing list, now it just needs to be time to go. Tonight we had one final fundraiser to cover the rest of the balance for the mission. A ton of grilled chicken, pies, salad, and corn on the cob was donated to put on an awesome dinner. Plus there was live music all evening. People came from the church and the community to help us close out the balance. And I don't know if they did or not but we raised a huge chunk of it at least.

On another note, tomorrow is my first day of sub teaching. It's only a half day with a kindergarten class but I'm still nervous. I just don't know what to expect or what's expected of me....... so yea. We'll see how that goes.....

Lots of nerves going on over here. It's late so I'm going to bed.

gute nacht




2 comments:

  1. Wow, so excited for you and to see how God's plans for your lives together as a couple continues to unfold. Daniel and I continue to pray for God's blessings and guidance on your mission trip!

    Also exciting new of subbing a kindergarten class! We had our first day of "school" last week and even with my own kids I felt unsure exactly how things were supposed to go. It only last a minute though and we found our groove quickly, I know you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Thank you for your prayers. We are feeling the effects :)
    2)Are you guys doing public school? Or homeschooling? Either way, good luck!

    ReplyDelete