Thursday, August 16, 2012

What Thursday nights are made for

It's been a nice Thursday night. Usually the Adam and I have praise band practice on these nights but it was moved to tomorrow. Also it's been storming (w/ hail). So we've had a nice cozy evening watching movies and lounging.





It was the perfect night for some chicken and noodley comfort food.

My chicken noodle recipe (I just threw stuff together that seemed like it would come out to be chicken and noodles):


  • boneless chicken (tenderloins were what was on sale so thats what I used)
  • Egg noodles
  • parsley
  • garlic
  • butter
  • chicken stock 
  • carrots
Cut up some carrots. I cut up about 7 full sized ones. Add those, chicken stock, chicken, butter, parsley, and garlic to a crock pot. I didn't really measure. Just throw in what feels right. Set that on low for the day or about 6-8 hours. The chicken will fall apart on its own when it's cooked. Then when your nearly ready to eat boil some egg noodles. Add those to your crock when they're soft (al dente?). With a side of mashed potatoes your high starch meal is ready to keep you company for a cozy evening. This recipe (more like procedure) made enough for a lot of leftovers. That's a score in my book. 

Enjoy.

Oh also: there has been a recent mouse sighting. Gah! and it ran straight into MY closet. Why!?

No comments:

Post a Comment