Saturday, September 22, 2012

True Woman '12


There were 8,000 women at the conference
 from all but 2 states and from 5 countries.
That is a lot of women. 
There was  a lot of laughing...... 
and as you can probably imagine a lot of crying :)

Corinne and I had so much fun together. 
I'm so glad she had an extra ticket.
(If I knew this pic was so blurry I would have got another. oops)


Coming home we both said that niether one of us really had many expectations for this weekend. We kind of decided to go all of a sudden and weren't really prepared. But man, God always just blows you down. He reminded us of many things and increased our hunger for a life that is lived for Him.

Some favorite things from this weekend:

  • seeing Nancy Lea Demoss (didn't meet her but it was cool to see her live)
  • talking with other women who love God and want to serve w/ their lives
  • being prayed over by a sweet woman and her daughter for our desire/inability to have a baby. We are not able, but God is. 
  • being reminded how much I love our teens. 
  • sharing such goofy/deep/confusing/tired/funny times with my friend
Here's one of my favorite quotes from this weekend. It was at the bottom of one of my handouts:

When we look back on our life from the perspective of eternity, we are going to see that the power of Satan was so great, that the weakness of our flesh was so feeble, and the hostility of the world so strong that everyday of our lives- if God had not intervened- we would never have made it through a day.
John Calvin

......................................................................................................................

Also, our friends Matt and Sarah Buell are in labor right now! Baby Buell will be here anytime! Yay!
......................................................................................................................
Finally, I'm kinda sad I missed it (for a really good reason obviously) but yesterday was my blog's birthday! I've been blogging for a full year! It's been so fun and I love looking back through the posts and comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment