Monday, August 26, 2013

The Urge to Purge

It's been over a year since I was in the art education program at ISU.
Now that I've graduated with my associate's in gen ed, I don't feel much of a desire to hold on to all the stuff I saved from the program.

I saved stuff like old projects I had done, lesson plans, example pieces, critiques, letters, papers, and old sketch books.
I didn't throw away absolutely everything because I do tend to be sentimental about some things, but I definitely lightened my load.

Here is my somewhat launch point.
This large tote was full of paper and projects.
That's valuable real estate in this cozy house. 

I worked by taking out chunks and going through every piece. 
I saved anything I thought I would miss or could use in the near future. 


Some things were saved..... 


....everything else found it's way to the purge pile.





This was actually an important thing to me.
I had a change of heart when it came to what I was going to spend my life on (at least in the immediate future) and getting rid of some of this stuff was like a final moving on.
I thought I was going to be an art teacher from the time I was 12 to the time I was 20.

Then, all of a sudden, God showed me my real mission: ministry.
I can't say that I was asking. He just changed my course.
I couldn't stay where I was.
I hope I'm following Him as closely as I can.
Maybe someday He will want me to teach art.
But I'm ok with it if He doesn't.

He's teaching me not only to be ok with, but to have absolute joy in Him and whatever He serves up.
It's a hard and ongoing lesson but that's how I want to spend my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment