Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!



I hope your year has gone swimmingly so far.

Adam and I rang in the new year by having a party for 2!
We went to a reflection service at our church then went out together for some late night sushi (my idea and a very good one I would say).
We got home around 10:30 and waited for the big ball to drop.
I kid you not, I shut my eyes for a second.
Next thing I know it's 12:30 and I've missed the first 30 minutes of the new year.

Oh well.

My first day of 2014 has been somewhat ordinary but that's an ok way to start it all off.

I don't make new year resolutions.
Because what worse way is there to set yourself up for failure than by making a huge change just because it's a new year?
Eventually the year isn't going to be new anymore and then there goes your motivation.
No. No resolutions for me.

But I do hope that this year brings me closer to Christ and makes me at least a tiny bit more like Him.
That's my hope for every new year and I haven't been dissappointed so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment