Tuesday, April 16, 2013

More beautiful than you think

One time I was in a painting class and I had to do a self portrait.
I really struggled with capturing reality because what I saw was different from what others saw.
I saw a long face, big nose, thin eyebrows...... the list goes on.
But that's not reality.

Dove brand has been on a campaign to do more than sell their (awesome) products.
They want women to REALLY feel beautiful, not because of what they use but because of who they are.
I came across this video and I thought you should see it.




For the experiment, a former forensic sketch artist spoke with a number of women from behind a curtain, asking each to describe their appearance. While sketching, he combed through every detail—from hair length to facial structure, eye color to complexion.
Each partipant had earlier been asked to get to know another. Later, they described their partner’s face for a second sketch.
“Women are their own worst beauty critics,” Dove says. “Only 4% of women around the world consider themselves beautiful … we decided to conduct a compelling social experiment that explores how women view their own beauty in contrast to what others see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment