Sunday, December 14, 2014

Well That Didn't Go As Planned

OK.
I knew it would be a stretch.
But I had a plan.

That should make a difference. Right?
Well it did up until the moment it didn't.

Let me get you up to speed.
Every year (EVERY year) my extended family has their Christmas together on a Sunday.
And it's always the same Sunday that our church has it's Christmas program.
ALWAYS.

Not that I don't love seeing my family and getting some fun, special time with them all.
It's just that as it's pretty much a work day for our family, it's always been a stretch even when it was just Adam and myself: two grown, non-nap needing adults.
But this year we had 2 babies under 2.
:)

You know where this is going.

Well we got through church.
That's a normal week marker.

And we even made it through the party with very few standoffs and only a few fussy moments.
Sweetums got some pretty sweet toys (Thanks Jen!) and I went home with my white elephant present: a pair of floral "silk" pajamas my Grandma didn't want.

We had enough time between the party and the program to run home, let the girls take naps, eat, get dressed up, and back to church for a late night.
A half hour into what I *hoped* would an hourish nap, everyone woke up.

And it just nosed dived from there.
Screaming, crying, and wailing ensued.
The girls were even worse.

Since Adam had to go to the church early because that's just how it is, it would be up to me to get 3 wailing women fed, pretty, and transported.
Nope.

I'm sad to be missing out on the program, but it just wasn't possible for us tonight.
A day full of voices, no napping, sugar, high energy, toddlers, babies, and wearing fancier clothes than pj's does not an ideal situation make.

So here I sit, with two tired babies conked out, trying to have my own silent night.

Pre- plan going down the crapper picture

No comments:

Post a Comment