Friday, March 23, 2018

Life Update

Winter is starting to fade and we're feeling the little touches of spring here and there.

In our family, things are chugging right a long.
I feel know we are on the cusp of a very busy season that spans spring all the way into September.
It's kicking off with the mad rush to renew our foster care license which is a yearly beast of a process.

I am also planning events for my sister who is getting married.
I'm her maid of honor and more than happy to be planning bachelorette stuff (going camping!!), wedding shower stuff, and getting my own dress and things lined up.

Speaking of weddings, we have so many young couples that have gone through our ministry who are getting married. Adam will be busy completing marriage counseling. We like to take each couple out on a double date at some point too. Plus the actual weddings.

Our kids all have birthdays during the warm months.
Birthdays are an on going challenge for me because I would prefer a more minimalist way of celebrating. I would prefer taking the kids on a outing they choose or just eating somewhere they like plus a surprise. It's just very hard to celebrate anything in a minimalist way when there are so many people who want to love on the birthday kid. Parties tend to stress me out and bring so much waste and clutter. But I totally want to give my kids a special day and to take a moment to celebrate that God brought them into this world. This is the back in forth my mind goes through. Birthdays are something that will probably just be tweaked from one to the next depending on what the family needs and what the birthday kid desires.

The girls and I are also planning a little gardening project. Our neighbors are always generous with their vegetable garden. The girls have LOVED being able to pick off a few tomatoes or an egg plant or zucchini. Inspired by their enjoyment of that, we are going to make our own garden. The plan is to grow a salad. I think a tomato plant or two and a few lettuce and spinach plants are all we will tackle this year. I'm excited for the girls to help with the work, care for the plants, pick what grows, and eat it with something Daddy grills up. I'm looking forward to savoring every minute.

We are going on a family vacation in June which is something I am really looking forward to.
Traveling with the kids is becoming something that is easier and easier to do and I hope to do lots of it with them.

Traveling is also becoming more doable since soon our ADOPTION should be complete!!!
Wooo hoooo!
Our son's adoption should be final within these next few months.
Speaking of parties, somewhere in there we'll be planning and throwing an open house to celebrate!

There will be a few more times here and there that either Adam or I will be traveling on our own.

Given all that and knowing it is all soon to start has made these last few weeks of winter very enjoyable.
The slow pace is about to fade with the snow.
I've used the tail end of winter to make lists and plans, streamline our house so it's easier to maintain, and read up homemaking wisdom for busy seasons.

It all comes down to I just love this life.
I love the slow and quick rhythms and seasons.
I love caring for and meeting my family members' needs through the changing times.
I love making a plan that has their best interest at heart.
I love growing our family, celebrating, working on things with them, partnering with my husband through everything, and enjoying the rich life the comes out of it all.

Taking this time to reflect and look forward has me all excited for whatever comes.
It is all for the glory of God.
I'm praying for God's joy, wisdom and peace.
I pray that He would give us discernment for times we need to take rest.
I pray that we won't be too busy to spend time with Him and to look outside ourselves to see the needs of others.



How do you prepare for life's busy times?
Especially when it comes to managing home and caring for the spiritual + emotional well-being of your family members?

No comments:

Post a Comment