Thursday, March 22, 2018

March Favorites

This post will be the first of a new monthly series.
Since our family has grown to include kids my ideas, time, and attention are definitely more focused on them (as it should be) and much less on updating this little hobby blog of mine.

I'm at the point where I'm like, ok.
Either I need to write or I can go ahead and shut this space down.
In an effort to motivate myself to write more often, I'll be posting a few things that I'm loving once a month.

The five categories will be: what I'm doing, what I'm reading, what I'm making, what I'm wearing, and what I'm using.

So let's kick this thing off!

What I am doing...

We are working on renewing our foster care license right now. I am in the throes of scheduling our required classes, lining up child care for those times, gathering paperwork and documents, making sure our house is up to code, scheduling our home inspection and's a yearly process that is always overwhelming at the start. I cope by making lists and not procrastinating on what I can get done right away.

What I am reading...

My women's bible study group looks more like a book club this Spring. We are reading Redeeming Love and discussing it together.

It's so good! It's a novel based on the book of Hosea. It does a beautiful job of illustrating the love Christ has for us has He saves us from our life of darkness and brings us into a life of light, love, and eternity. I love reading it with our group mostly because I love the women of that group. There are a handful of much older ladies and a handful of young moms. The natural discipleship and instruction that happens in our conversations is a wonderful thing to be part of.

What I am making...

I don't ever go all out with store bought decor, especially the seasonal variety. I still love to have the inside of our house change seasons along with the outside though. I keep the seasonal decor very natural and almost always free by gathering it from outside or making it. A few weeks ago, with Easter on it's way, the girls and I put together a simple resurrection garden.

I happened to find a bag of grass seed in our shed when I was doing yard work and that seemed like the perfect thing to do. We invited some friends over to make their own with us which was just next level fun! We simply filled a wide, shallow dish with soil, sprinkled on a few handfuls of seeds, watered it, made a little cross out of sticks, and set it on our table in the sun to grow. It's completely low maintenance and a constant reminder of the approaching Easter Sunday and the hope that comes with it.

What I am wearing...

Though it really and truly is officially spring, the weather says otherwise. It snowed last night leaving a good amount of accumulation. So I'm still wearing my unofficial winter uniform of black on black on black.

I can't wait to pull out some long dresses, sandals, roughed up shorts, and t-shirts!

What I am using...

Last summer I hosted a Norwex party and received a bunch of cloths. I'm usually VERY skeptical and never truly sold out to any products from pyramid companies like this. These things though I am truly sold out to. These cloths and water are what I clean our entire house with 95% of the time. The other 5% I use water, vinegar, essential oils, and a sometimes bleach. I started cleaning my parent's house from time to time and I use only these there too. I've been completely satisfied with the results of cleaning this way for these past several months. I had strep once this winter, the Boy has had a couple colds, but my oldest who goes to public school has been completely healthy all winter! I'm very happy with whatever cleaning this way has contributed to that.  Just like anything worth having, they are on the pricier end up front. They are so worth the initial investment though and I do not say that easily. Believe me. I am so dang cheap 😉

What a good start to something new!
Like I said, I'll be posting my favorite stuff that makes me happy or makes doing life a bit more manageable.

What's something you're loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment