Friday, June 29, 2018

Controlled Freaking Out

Now that I've got my blog space up to speed on what's happening around here in the real world, I'm definitely going to be using it for my own personal therapy to help me deal.

Because I am wigging out!

Not like constantly but pretty regularly I'll just be going about our normal routine and my brain secretly kicks into planning overdrive thinking of EVERYTHING that needs done.
The way I tick, when that happens my brain starts shouting "do every little thing right NOW!"



I'm really having to be intentional about not letting myself get overwhelmed at the magnitude of everything that has to happen within the next handful of weeks.
Things like doing projects around our current house to have it ready for our friends, signing papers, getting inspections (and paying for it), getting boxes, filling those boxes and trying to keep them organized, figuring out what we can live without for a while and what we need to keep on hand, budgeting for what we will need at the new house, and asking friends to help us move when the day comes.

On top of that is the usual daily care of my three, planning a wedding shower, planning crafts for our church's kids camp, making time to celebrate my daughter's birthday, continuing work on our never-ending adoption, AND saying goodbye to our dear friend's as they leave on mission is enough to keep my hands full.

Plus the general lack of motivation to keep my house in order is daily creeping on because it's all going to get dumped out and moved within a matter of weeks.

See?!

I need to take a major chill pill.
Believe me. I tell myself that often (and so does Adam).

Simply embracing the chaos is becoming more and more important.
Recognizing that I'm getting carried away helps.
Choosing not to feel overwhelmed and instead doing the next thing is calming.
Making lists gets nervous energy out.
Digging in during my quiet time in the morning is grounding, gives me a good reality check, and fills me with fresh gratitude. .
Doing a couple things every day that contributes to the move lets me feel like I'm accomplishing something necessary.

I hate whining and this all sounds like major whining.
Above all I'm grateful for EVERYTHING that is happening and even the way it's happening.
It's exciting and new.
I actually love change.
It's all great stuff that I'll be very happy to look back on in a couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment