Since we moved here 2 1/2 years ago, I've had a really limited amount of space for food storage. So I decided to finally do something about it.
This our, huh-hmm, pantry. Kinda cramped. Especially when you have
to stack canned food three layers deep and
you still need a place to stash extra cereal.
Enter: Largish, high-potential book shelf. OK, and check out that pant job.
It's kind of awful. And that's my fault. I painted this piece 3 years ago and I didn't
feel like doing it right........and I haven't felt like redoing it since.
So I just try to accept it as character :)
To cover up some of the ugly,
I covered the back in this solid colored wrapping paper.
It's a metallic copper color.
To make it fit right I measured a piece to be bigger than necessary.
Then I simply cut off the excess.
This is where the spray adhesive comes in.
A good coating on the back and smooth it out. It took 2 pieces of paper to cover
the whole back of the book case. I made sure that the seam
of the two pieces came together behind a shelf.
It fits, it works, and it doesn't look so..... pitiful.