Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Busy bee


I ran some rainy day errands: post office, goodwill drop off, and Walgreens for some Christmas cards




Lately we've been picking up on our favorite radio station that airs from Indianapolis.
Usually it gets so fuzzy but lately it's perfect.
I like.



Of course when I drop stuff off at Goodwill I *have* to go in.
I actually had a couple things I was on the look out for.
I found nothing I needed but did find something I wanted...... of course.
So this homey sweater came home with me.



















Then I headed home to try out a festive dessert bread recipe I found.
Here's the recipe.
I used my mini loaf pans too for the first time.
So cute, so yummy, and I think this one is a winner.
Friends reading this: expect to get some bread :)

Some things left on my list for the day:

  • do the dishes
  • send out rent check
  • general clean up (as always)
  • read Philippians 2 more times
  • make dinner
  • Go to Adam's basketball game tonight
Busy times. 
Things feel good lately. 
Life isn't perfect but it can be pretty wonderful.

I wasn't planning on this for this post but I think I want to do a baby update for us:
Starting towards the end of our first year married all the way up to a couple of months ago (so about 2 1/2 years), I was really mourning the reality of us not being able to have our own kids. Or at least not being able to have them with any kind of ease. I would think about it constantly and send requests to God. Sometimes the longing and grief would just take over. Crying and waiting for the feelings to ebb would periodically interrupt whatever I was doing. 

But God knew. He knew I would feel all that and would have to choose Him if I was going to get through those emotions with any kind of grace. He has provided. In these last few months, without much thought on my part, He has renewed my peace. I haven't had any of those emotional eruptions for a few months. The last time it happened we were sitting on a bus in Berlin. But now, I'm soaking up my relationship with Adam again like I did in most of our first year married. I am happy to just be us. I am thankful for the freedom we have to make decisions not based on our children's needs, the abundant attention we can give to less fortunate kids that come to our church looking for love, and the hope that one day God will bless us with some of our own. 

I am growing and I am grateful that God kept His hand around me until I made it to this part. I'm also thankful that He'll keep it there.  

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment