Wednesday, January 16, 2013

baby boom

ok this is just me being maybe selfish for a second.
Well I guess I'm selfish lots of seconds during a normal day but here's one I'm sharing with my blog.

I love the people and families in my life.
SO many have been and are being blessed with new, tiny family members.
And facebook (of all things) is making me stumble.....

Let me be clear: God has soothed my aching heart.
He has given me the peace and strength to be patient until our time comes but at this moment and these last few days........ I can't help but keep a running tally in my mind of all the new babies on facebook, in our family, in our church, in our life.

Please Lord, don't think me ungrateful or impatient.
I'm just still hoping and praying for one of my own soonish......

I'm so happy for the people experiencing a baby boom around us.
I don't mean to be jealous.
I have my own numerous blessings.... too many to count.
But please forgive me for feeling a renewed desire for my own each time I see a baby announcement, a sweet newborn in his little onesie, or a piece of good advice on how to discipline with love.

If you are reading this and have been blessed with children (and esp. if I know you) please do not feel guilty or bad for me or anything like that.
That's not what this is about.
I'm just getting these feelings out for me and those who may be also feeling them.
God has plans to prosper and not to hurt.
And that is where my hope and comfort is.

This baby stuff is just a lot more complicated than I could have predicted.

I might have to get rid of facebook again..... I'm wishy-washy like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment