Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Facebook: Friend or Foe?

Here I am again.

Trying to decide if I should just get rid of something that seems to be a way for crap to flow into my life....

I posted something I thought would be uplifting but ended up being turned into something ugly and hurtful.
I deleted the whole post and "unfriended" the offending commenter.

While what comes out of their heart is the offender's responsibility, what I allow into my heart is my responsibility.

Life has enough downers.
Why make a way for more to come in?

On the other hand, it really is nice to be able to communicate and share easily with those who I DO trust and have loving intentions.

But deleting my facebook would limit my sphere of influence (always a positive thing) and limit the unnecessary evil that seems to always find its way onto a facebook news feed.

Matthew 5:30
And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

I think I found my answer.
Facebook is definitely not a big a deal as my ARM ......even more reason to let it go.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment