Sunday, June 2, 2013

Texas 2013

 We had a wonderful time away from the humdrum of life.

The house we rented was right on the beach.
Other than memorial day weekend, we pretty much had the beach to ourselves. 
I worked on my tan (read: future skin cancer) and listened to audio books. 
Adam and his dad had fun throwing themselves into the waves and 
seeing how far out they dared to go. 

We visited some family friends for a crawfish boil. 
I just have to say: yum.
They were like tiny lobsters.
After I got passed the feeling I was eating a large bug, they were wonderful.  
None of us Yankees had ever really experienced a crawfish boil before. 

We spent another evening with Adam's aunt and uncle. 
Their yard is like a menagerie.
It's full of chickens, turkeys, cows, 
birds of all kinds, and the exotic cats they breed. 
We enjoyed the evening in their outdoor 
living room eating grilled chicken and chatting. 

Our cousin, Meg (check out her blog on my blog list),
 had a baby and we got to throw a baby shower for her,
Granted baby Caleb was already born but 
that made it all the better: pass the baby!
We played fun games (one of which I won), got to watch her open gifts, 
and laughed at Meg's two adorable older girls. 
Endless giggles, I tell you. 


Another day, Adam and I escaped together and spent a morning golfing.
Well, he golfed. I read. 
It was fun and relaxing and funny.
I love my man. 


Despite the initial sad circumstances, we've come home rested and ready to get back to life.
The drive back was long so it was a relief to come home and sleep in our own bed.
Plus of course the cat..... I like to think he's happy we're home, too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment