Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Who thought I'd be planning a nursery?!

I am though!
But it's not for us.

It's for our church.
:)

Our church's nursery has become really outdated.
We're getting tight on space to which means we have to be smart about how we use what we've got.
So I got the go ahead to redesign and renew the heavily used space.

Some challenges so far:
-so many ideas to consider
-so many kids to plan for
-a somewhat tight budget to cover a relatively large amount of space
-my own limited handy skills (like installing shelving, dealing with old fixtures....)
-making time and energy to do most of the labor myself (with help from other members and friends of course!)

Benefits:
-my creative juices are bursting
-I have a heart for hospitality so getting the chance to minister to our littlest ones and their families this way is huge for me
- I get to plan a nursery
- I get a major say in what colors, design, and extra touches go up
- I get to put my pinterest board for my imaginary kids to use :)

Here's a peek at my inspiration.....




Though I am SO happy to do it, I can't wait to see the finished project :)



No comments:

Post a Comment