Friday, January 10, 2014

Adding Some Interest

I bought this little chair along with a students desk from a thrift shop awhile back.


The pair was $6.
The desk is being used as a night stand in our bedroom at the moment while this little chair is hanging out in our living room for no particular reason.

To help it pull it's own weight, I decided to liven it up a bit with some color.
I had a hard time deciding whether to do the wooden part or the metal.


In the end, I decided to paint the metal part because I like the texture of the bare wood.

So the first step was to remove the back and seat.

My usual crafting buddy was not interested in this project.
He laid conked out over there.

I also decided to paint it an emerald greenish turquoise-y color... 
or at least that's what I was going for


and here it is. 
I can appreciate a minimalist color scheme but 
this matte greeny-blue adds the kind of interest I love. 

1 comment:

  1. You always inspire me to repurpose things and try new projects! Lovely little chair :)

    ReplyDelete