Wednesday, December 17, 2014

NEVER say this to your guests!

Tis' the season for visiting and hosting.
I was recently surfing around on one of my favorite websites, Apartment Therapy, and came across this article......

Never (Ever!) Say This Word To Guests In Your Home

Did you pop over to read it?

If not, here's it is: Sorry.....
"Sorry, we don't have more seating." "Sorry about the smell." "Sorry about all the clutter."

I know when I visit someone's house, usually I'm just happy to have been invited over.
I don't care what it looks like.

As soon as you point out something negative that you may be aware of in the house, everyone in the room becomes aware of it.
It also puts it on your guests to make you feel better about your own home.

I am actually guilty of this.
There have even been times when we've had students from the youth group come over and I've done the "sorry!" thing.
Ha!
They care least of anyone we could have over to our house!

So when guests stop by, welcome them and forget about what's "wrong"...... because no one cares.



No comments:

Post a Comment