Friday, January 9, 2015

An Ideal Morning

I have this constant weight of conviction about not having a daily quiet time.
You know: a time first thing in the morning to read my bible and speak with the Lord.

It's constant because I am constantly not doing it.
I may get short bursts when I can get myself on track and then poof!
I suck again.
And I feel the effects of not having that important element at the beginning of my day.

Right along with that is the fact that I haven't really exercised since before we got Peanut in October.
For a little while I was really getting going with yoga.
I could tell I was getting stronger, stretchier, and actually enjoying it.
Then we got our sweet little curve ball and I lost the drive amongst all the new challenge.

So I guess with it being a new year and all, I've been thinking about my ideal morning and it looks something like this....

5 am: give Peanut her "snack" feeding, she sleeps for another 2 hours or so.
5:30 am: Do what I need to do to wake up (put in my contacts, making something to drink, make myself pretty-ish so I just don't look horrendous when Adam gets up) and do some prep for the day ahead.
6 am: start my quiet time
6:45 am: exercise (yoga or that P90X thing I've had on my mind)
7: 30 am: get the girls up
8 am: breakfast for all, watch the news

I have to get up to feed the baby anyway.
The challenge lies in not throwing myself back into bed as soon as she sips the last drop.

I brainstormed some things that might help and here's what I came up with:

  • get to bed the night before by 10:30 pm
  • prep for the morning the night before (make bottles, set the coffee maker, queue my reading plan reading plan, write out some things I want to talk to God about)
  • Shut our bedroom door when I get up and immediately turn on lights
  • Plan on taking a nap later in the day when the girls nap (getting enough sleep is a big deal to me)
  • take it morning by morning: don't get defeated or over confident. Get up, feed the baby, and do what I need to do one day a time. 
I can do this. 
I need to do this. 
It would help us all SO much!





No comments:

Post a Comment