Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Adoption! That's right. Adoption!

It is currently 12:04 am as I begin writing this post.
It's just one of those nights when I thought I'd be out as soon as my head hit the pillow but no.
Two hours later and my head is swirling.
Among the various conversations with myself, the prominent one is "Oh my gosh. We did it. We adopted our daughters. They're ours for as long as can be. "
So you can imagine.
Not a lot of peace and stillness is flowing from thoughts like that.

More like joy and plans and hopes in a way we had scarcely let ourselves indulge in before.


It was official one whole week ago on December 1st.
We met our family, a friend, our case worker, and our attorney at the court house at 8:30 in the chilly morning.
The girls wore the dresses they had each picked out for this special day.
After a short wait, our whole party was led into the judge's chambers.
Adam, I, and our girls sat in front of the judge with our support system at our back.
A short interview, an oath, the speedy consent of the judge, and it was official!
Just like that!
The friendly judge gave each of our daughters (!) a sucker and put on his roomy black robe for the photo op.
!






I was a little shell shocked.
It was done.
Adam and I are Larissa Mae's and McKinley Joy's parents forever.
They are Conners!
Praise God.
His generosity is overwhelming.

Larissa hugging our tireless case worker. 



It's too much!
So much joy!
So much rich, complex sweetness.
Countless tender looks have passed between the four of us.
And there is no end in sight.

We will continue to love and work daily for our boy.
Hopefully within the year, he will also have the Conner stamp ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment