Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Friends

hey you know what's awesome?
Friends.

It's so easy to let friendships get all weedy and untended, isn't it?

You have to go here, you have to go there.
Life has chores and responsibilities that MUST be done.

But friendships are a choice.
You can make a friend..... or not.
You can call a friend.... or not
You can tell a friend how much they mean to you..... or not.
It's an area where you have full choice.

But to not nurture and pray for a friendship means choosing to let it get all over gown.

I think as a woman, it's so easy to let misunderstandings, jealousies, and choosing-not-to too often, choke our friendships.
Plus all the over thinking..... oy.

Then it's easy to blame it on the other person.
She didn't call me, she didn't invite me, she didn't come say hi to me, she didn't tell me first, and on and on.

That's all humanity.
It's so human to self pity, self-forgive, self indulge.

It's so sad.
It's sad to miss out on full, blessed relationships with other women because I gave into my humanness again and again instead of considering my friend.
Instead of choosing Christ who lives in me.

If you're a friend reading this, I just want you to know how grateful I am for you. I'm sure I've failed to call enough, to ask how you really are, to just say hi when we're passing in the halls at church, and to encourage you.

But I love you and I am praying for God's grace and blessing in your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment