Friday, June 21, 2013

Pillow Talk

Before you go any further: this is a post about making out.......for married couples. 
I made this gag gift as a funny WEDDING anniversary present. 
Please don't make this for anyone but your spouse. 
:)
Thanks.
(click pic to follow link)
I pinned this pillow a bit ago and was like "I could make that!"
So I did. And so can you.... if you're married. 

Whatcha need:
felt (I used some left over from another project.)
paper
pencil
scissors
ruler
chalk/marker
pins
thread (I chose some in a contrasting color)
needle
pillow


First step: draw out your letters on paper.
I made 3 1/2 inch height guidelines so all the letters would be the same size.
3 1/2 inches high work well with the size pillow I used. 
oooooooooor.... if you want to get fancy with the font you could 
do all your work on a word document and print it out. 


Either way, the next step is to cut out your letters. 



Next, one by one, trace all your letters onto your fabric.
I used chalk which wipes away without a trace. 
You could also use a marker.

Then cut your letters out....again.
These are mine.
Sorry for the chaotic shot. 
They're laid out on our glass top table.

Next: Pin your letters so you can make sure it'll all fit nicely.


Now sew! 
It doesn't really matter what stitch you use.
I'm not sure what the type of stitch I used is called. 



The finished product: saved me up to $100 and 
made with my own two loving hands :)


Let me know if you have any questions.

This weekend: I work (of course), we have one wedding, and this is Youth Sunday!

Youth Sunday is huge for us because it's when most of the students' sponsor money comes in so they can go to camp. The students, and Youth Ministry team put on the whole Sunday service. Prayers would be appreciated!

A happy weekend to you!

2 comments:

  1. hello,
    just stumbled upon your blog.. and I'm liking it so far. :) what an awesome idea for a gift to your spouse.. you make it looks simple... I might attempt one soon :))

    happy bloggin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad you found the link. It's at the end of a very long list, isn't it? And actually the pillow was really simple. Just cut and sew. I was able to sew it all while I watched a movie.

      Good stuff.

      Hope to see you around here again.

      Delete