Thursday, December 19, 2013

And one week later...

Here I am again on my day off.
Jeez.

We knew the weekend was going to be a busy one but I feel like this is the first time I've had since LAST Thursday to catch my breath.

After the whirlwind that has been this past week, I am ready to do just that.
But you know how it is, especially during the most wonderful time of the year...
Some downtime to catch your breath seems like something to fantasize about.

But the weird thing is, is that I don't feel like we've really done a whole lot of Christmas-y things.
I remember a week last year when we went to 4 parties.
4! In 1 week!
Thankfully, nothing like that has happened this year so far.
Life has just been chock full of boring life stuff.

Lately I've become kind of frustrated trying to think up something to post about.
Anytime I do any projects, I've been in a hurried-tired-I'd-rather-take-a-nap kind of mood.
Not because of Christmas, just because of life.
It's just busy with the normal, has to be done stuff like work, chores, relationships, and church.
It keeps going and so must I.
So there are no beautifully lighted pictures or well said stories.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks and feels that.
I don't feel alone in that.

God has not been silent though.
He's been reminding me through my moodiness and feeling like I can't keep up that I need to check my burdens.
I need to make sure I'm not carrying any but His.
Because it's His burdens that are light.

Matthew 11: 28-30



28“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

While I naturally heap on every burden that makes me feel like I'm "giving 110%", He just wants me to come to Him and find rest.
He wants my cares to be His light and easy ones.

So here's to a Merry Christmas.
It's only one week away and I intend to make it a true holiday.
I want my heart to be light and carefree.
I want to take joy in the good news that my Savior was born the same way I was, lived in the same heavy-burdened world I do, and conquered it all because He first loved me.

Joy to the world and joy to my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment