Monday, March 31, 2014

Foster Update: Putting stuff on the calendar

It seems like things are really picking up and coming together with this whole foster care thing, thank the Lord.

I spent time last week scheduling us for things like our CPR/First Aid courses, getting our fingerprinting done, and our first home visit. (!)

Crazy.

This is really happening.

This is really real life right now.

It's unbelievable. Yet totally right.

We really have a crib up in our house, we really are doing this home study stuff that the thought of terrified me a year ago, my husband really is as into it as I am, God has a purpose for our home and He knew it all along.

I am stoked!

Those are the feelings :)

The facts are:

Our home visit is scheduled for April 14th.
Please pray that we get everything we need to have done by then done.

Also for church camp this year, the high school girls are going to one in July and everyone else is going to another one later in the summer.
To make sure I can go with the girls, we're setting that date as our goal date to have our license by and to be "open for business" after we get back from that camp.
So by late July, we will hopefully be able to take in a child(ren).
That's the plan.
We'll see how closely it fits God's plan. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Kensie, I can't tell you how excited I am for you! I will be praying much for you as the date gets closer~

    ReplyDelete