Thursday, May 8, 2014

Put Some Pants On It

Our temps hit almost 90 degrees today here in Indiana.
Not only here, but all over the country, for girls/women that means it's time to break out the teeny tiny booty shorts and even skimpier bathing suits.
Strings holding napkins together anyone?

Excuse my sarcasm. :)
But it is just a big pain to face all these bodies every summer.
And I'm not even a man!
It's even worse when girls who claim Christ dress no different than all the girls who don't.
It's not legalism, it's living the belief that your body is not your own.
Women of God are held to a higher standard.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 esv
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 

1 Peter 3: 3-4 esv
Do not let your adorning be external- the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewlery, or the clothing you wear- but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.  

Proverbs 11:22 esv
Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman without discretion. 

Matthew 5:28 esv
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 

I am not going to give a sermon or regulations here.
There are plenty of articles on dressing modestly and a whole Bible on what pleases the Lord.
And to be perfectly honest, God is still teaching me His ways over my culture's ways.

I just want to inspire those who do choose to dress with modesty and care.
God enjoys beauty.
Not the perverted flashing of boobs, bellies, and butts every where once the temps hit the 70's.

I actually really enjoy getting dressed.
It's a creative outlet for me to dress interestingly and prettily.
Sometimes (especially in summer when everyone goes straight to their short-shorts) I need a creative boost.
Here's a board I put together for me based on my style and (since I'm married) what I know pleases my husband.


I love every single image on this board!
Those shoes!
Her hair!
70's jeans!
That awesome swim suit! (this is a pic of one I actually bought)
I like no frills (Adam likes casual). I like pretty & simple with a little funk/tomboyishness.
Everything here is feminine yet modest yet pretty yet playful. :)

So go make your own board.
Use it to inspire you when the weather gets hot and your tempted to take off all your clothes!
Be creative. Have fun.
Let pinterest keep it's short-shorts and make pleasing God your #1 priority.
You will never regret that style choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment