Thursday, September 11, 2014

Chalkboard Makeover

Some time ago, I don't know, maybe 8 months, I drew up this chalk board design. 

I've loved it this whole time. 
But it was time to change it up and make it a little more seasonal. 

Plus it was getting a little rough here and there .

So it was time.....

Ahh.
Clean slate..... literally. 

My inspiration came from this sweet little vintage poem. 
I changed the wording just a tad to accommodate the space I had to work with. 

My main tools are this chalk marker ....

... and regular old stick chalk. 

First I marked out guide lines with regular chalk.
Then with my chalk marker I drew out the first main word: Autumn.... obviously :) 

Then I carefully wrote out the rest going over it twice to make sure 
it would have enough contrast against the board to be seen.  

The last step for the text was filling in my thick letters with regular chalk. 

The very last step was adding in fun bits and pieces to fill in the empty spaces. 
I might add more if the desire strikes. 
Looking at it now here in photo form, it still looks pretty stark. 




No comments:

Post a Comment