Monday, December 22, 2014

3 Days!

Are you kidding me!?
Only 3 days till Christmas day!

I haven't been this excited for Christmas since I was a kid.
Having kids makes all the difference I guess.

Adam and I finished up our shopping on Friday while his parents watched the hooligans.

I've been wrapping most of the afternoon while a movie plays, the girlies nap, and a list of what still needs to be done queues up in my brain.

Most of that list is just the normal stuff that must still get done whether it's Christmas or not.
We still need food.
The chores still need to get done.
People still need 3 meals + snacks a day.
Our car still needs gas.
Diapers still need changed.
Trash needs taken out.
Clutter still accumulates. 

But on top of all that is all the special-ness of the season.
I can't wait to see all of our family, to have the gifts we picked and wrapped so carefully ripped open and enjoyed, to eat lots and lots of festive food we don't get to eat everyday.....

It's the very best time of the year.

The love Jesus poured on us all by coming to this messed up world goes on and on when we choose to love like He did.
Thank the Lord He sent His one and only son, not to condemn the world, but to give us everlasting life when we believe.  (John 3:16-17)


No comments:

Post a Comment