Monday, January 26, 2015

In A Word

I've heard of picking a word for the new year.
Never really did it before because it just wasn't really necessary or that motivational to me.

But life seems so full and requires much these days.
Which I happen to like.
And the future, though bright, also seems demanding and vague.

We have no idea what the future looks like when it comes to some things.
The biggie of course is kids.
We don't know if we have any future with these sweet girls our what their future looks like.
We would like to invest in a house but don't know what that will end up looking like.
We want to keep serving our church and youth group.

God's constant presence is always required.

So I've chosen a word for 2015 and it's


I want to trust God for all that my heart tends to worry and fuss over.
These days surely have worries of their own.
No need to borrow from days ahead. 

Soon after choosing this word, I came across chapter 13 in Psalms.
The first few verses ask God if He has forgotten His servant, wrestling with one's thoughts, carrying sorrow in the heart, seeing enemies have the victory, and asking for God to give answer to all these heavy things.

The verses I've chosen for 2015 read:
.......................................................................................................................................................
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord's praise, for He has been good to me.

Psalm 13: 5 & 6
.......................................................................................................................................................

The first place I wrote this down was in a notebook I keep with me for everything from grocery lists to menu plans to prayer requests to scrap paper.

It's not about getting everything we want when we want it. 
It's that the Lord has already granted an eternity with Him and I am infinitely grateful to know Him and to be in a loving relationship with Him.
I will TRUST in His love and sing praises to Him because He has already been too good to me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment