Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Go-To Sweet Snack (Lately)

I've been making a really simple trail mix that just hits the spot.
Usually after I eat a meal, I want something sweet.
Not a lot, just something smallish and sweet-ish.

So here's what I've been throwing together...

Almonds, craisins, and semi-sweet chocolate.
Actually I would prefer dark chocolate but semi-sweet was on sale so.... yea. 
That's what we've got to work with for this batch :)

I have no system. 
Usually I'll dump half of the almonds into another container to be eaten on their own. 
Then I dump a good amount of craisins and chocolate into the almond bag. 
I know. 
Really sophisticated. 
Then.....

.... I shake it. 
Watch out. 

And bam.
A yummy, healthy snack. 


Actually healthy might be a bit of a stretch. 

But it's better than a bag of oreos. 

All kidding aside, it really is a good choice. 
Sure I'm eating sugar laden, processed chocolate. 
But I'm also getting some fruit and a good amount of protein in. 
Also I've read that eating protein alongside a sugary treat can help keep your blood sugar levels from spiking and then plummeting. 
Plus, it travels well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment