Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Manly Stocking Stuffer

Adam and I have agreed not to buy each other big gifts this year but to stick to filling stockings for one another. 

So other than the usual gum, jerky, and his favorite pens I wanted to come up with something new. 
Eventually I landed on beard oil. 

I found a few different recipes and just kind of ended up throwing together my own. 
Here's what I used....



Fresh From the Forest Beard Oil

5 drops cedarwood oil
5 drops lavender
3 drops rosemary
1  1 oz. dropper bottle
Enough fractionated coconut oil to fill bottle 3/4 of the way

Lavender Oil: soothes skin irritations and is antifungal
Cedarwood Oil: encourages hair growth and soothes emotions
Rosemary Oil: also encourages hair growth and is antifungal


Directions:
Fill up the dropper bottle 3/4 of the way with fractionated coconut oil. 
Then slowly add your drops of essential oils. 
Screw on the cap and gently shake. 
Give it to your bearded man! (and cross your fingers that he'll actually use it)



After I made his little tonic, I mixed up my own for my hair to help tame flyaways and add scent. 
I swapped out the rosemary though for wild orange.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm. 
It came out smelling WONDERFUL. 
Seriously. 
So woodsy and light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment