Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Summer Post #2

One of the biggest things that keep me from blogging regularly like I used to is dealing with all the photos!
I take pictures of EVERYTHING these days.

Every moment with little kids seems like something you'd want to remember in 50 years when they're grown and your just remembering....
Plus of course all those little people of yours are moving CONSTANTLY so you have to take a bajillion shots to get a good one (read: in focus and not a blurry mess)

To weed through all those test shots, edit a handful of good ones, and finally post them is a task.
Plus to delete even one of those bad pictures feels a little like deleting a memory, no matter how brief or bad the shot was.

Agh.
And of course I make more of than it needs to be.
No wonder I'm lucky to post once a month!
Ha!

Anyways, I did it.
I went through my bajillions of ordinary moments captured and here are a few for my books to remember when I'm 70.....

Let's kick this off right:

I think this look promotes fear rather than festivity.
Also note the doubled up glasses. 

...................................................................................................................................................................

Lots of swimming at a local state park. 
It has one of those great zero entry pools that are fantastic for our young crew. 

This hair!!
He did actually get a BIG haircut a few days after this. 
His beautiful locks were just a bit too much though I love long hair on little boys.

...................................................................................................................................................................

We were planning on going to a family reunion on the 4th of July.
It turned out to be a messy, rainy, gloomy day so we brought the kids to see Finding Dory. 
I thought it was "ehhh" but the girls liked it :)

...................................................................................................................................................................

The rest of that week, Adam went with our student ministries to church camp in Ohio.
I was able to fly over and visit for a day in a small private plane flown by a man who goes to our church!



Needless to say, it was awesome!
The whole day just felt like an extravagant, sweet gift straight from God. 
Seriously. 
I felt like I was on an all day date....... with Him!


When Adam came home at the end of the week, he was well missed and well loved. 

...................................................................................................................................................................

The following week, we had a birthday girl to celebrate!









We kept this little 2 year old's birthday very small with swimming, 
a family dinner, and a couple gifts the day of. 
The following Saturday we went to a splash pad with some friends and cousins. 
It was really fun.

...................................................................................................................................................................

Adam's sister Allison was nearby staying with Adam's parents for the week so we made of point of spending the day with her. 

She bought the kids these great bubble guns!
So that occupied an afternoon. 

While the girls were happy playing, we went off on own.



...................................................................................................................................................................

Last week was filled with day camp at our church. 
We had about 50 kids take part each day with breakfast + lunch, games, crafts, songs, a skit, and a short lesson taught by Adam. 
I got no pictures except the last day when we had water day and a big blow up slip in slide was set up. 


Our oldest getting her druthers and getting to be in charge of the hose. 

And you better believe we got in on that!
Actually I was the first one to "test the waters" before the kids got to it!
I think I know what I want for my upcoming birthday....

...................................................................................................................................................................

The last big event of July was a young adult retreat. 
The group stayed the night on a nearby lake taking in a couple study sessions on a chapter in the Psalms. 
The second day of the retreat was spent out on the lake boating and tubing. 

I was able to make it out that day and brought Sweetums as my side kick. 


Miss Emily and Lauren out on their flamingos.






So that's it for now. 

Lots of fun, lots of sun, lots of gratitude. 
There's still a whole 'nother month of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment